If you didn’t already know, Elk Grove Village is kind of a big deal. It has a reputation for being “the Exceptional Community.” Notice: Not an exceptional community, but “the Exception Community” with quotes and capital letters (“the” emphasis added).
Now that I have your attention, here are 5 reasons why Elk Grove Village is known as “the Exceptional Community.”
- Elk Grove Village has grown exceptionally
Elk Grove Village started small and worked its way up in a big way. The original size of Elk Grove Village was just 1,500 acres, in which only 116 people resided. Now this city has nearly 7,000 acres and about 35,000 residents. That’s almost five times the growth in land and over 300 times the growth in popular. That’s exceptional.
- Elk Grove Village has exceptional public transportation
Besides having access to some of the most exceptional highways, such as Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90), Eisenhower Expressway and I-290, Elk Grove Village also has bus lines, railroads and airports. Railroads include Chicago Terminal Railroad and Union Pacific Railroad, and airports include O’Hare International Airport and Chicago Midway Airport.
- Elk Grove Village has exceptionally low taxes
Elk Grove Village has some of the lowest property tax rates in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. Thanks to taxes that are this exceptional, you have access to a greater number of homes because more homes (than you would have thought) will fit into your budget.
- Elk Grove Village has exceptional parks and recreation sites
In Elk Grove Village, you’ll find Elk Grove Village Park District and the Busse Woods Forest Preserve. The residents care about nature in this town, and they also care about having plenty of options for good, clean fun. Residents and tourists alike can enjoy Rainbow Falls Waterpark, Fox Run Golf Course and Driving Range, the Elk Grove Historical Museum and the Rainbow Falls Community Center.
- Elk Grove Village has exceptional schools
A few of the schools in Elk Grove Village have exceptional test scores and exceptional academic progress. Even at the lower income schools, the English test results meet or even exceed state expectations. Over 80% of teachers have three or more years’ experience teaching, so you know your kids will be in good hands.
Elk Grove Village Elementary Schools
- Adlai Stevenson Elementary School (Kindergarten through 6th grade)
- Adolph Link Elementary School (Kindergarten through 6th grade)
- Children’s Christian Learning Center (Preschool and Kindergarten)
- Clearmont Elementary School (Preschool through 5th grade)
- Queen of the Rosary School (Preschool through 8th grade)
- Ridge Family Center for Learning (Preschool through 5th grade)
- Rupley Elementary School (Preschool through 5th grade)
- Salt Creek Elementary (Kindergarten through 5th grade)
- Admiral Byrd Elementary (Kindergarten through 5th grade)
Elk Grove Village Middle Schools
- Grove Junior High School (6th through 8th grade)
- Margaret Mead Junior High School (7th through 8th grade)
Elk Grove Village High Schools
- Elk Grove High School (9th through 12th grade)
If you’re thinking of buying a home in “the Exception Community” that is Elk Grove Village, give me a call – Rory James at 847.971.0674 or send an email to rjames(at)askunique(dotted)com. I would be happy to help find the house that will meet all your needs.